Thursday, August 31, 2006

A real nail biter

So I spent yesterday evening being all girly and doing my nails. As some of you may know I have a very bad habit of biting my nails, never down to a disgusting level, but still it is a nasty thing to do. I am currently in the process of trying to quit, which is quite difficult because it is something I do subconsciously, especially when working. My worst situation is at the cinema, at the end of the movie I look down and my nails have gone and I have no recollection of chewing them - but I am not aware of any nail stealing fairies that inhabit cinemas so I figure it has to be me. However, if anyone does know of such fairies please get in touch, because I need to have words with them.

Anyways… it is going quite well so I attempted to paint and pamper them last night, I say attempt as it is something that practice makes perfect… so I am far from perfect. It looks like a monkey got loose with some nail varnish (although none got consumed and I bet a monkey would eat some), so I consider myself lucky to have chosen a relatively subtle colour. I would appreciate all sending me happy ‘don’t-bite-your-nail’ vibes for the near future, and perhaps I can achieve my goal. I do not plan to watch any films in the near future, that would be tempting fate.

No comments: