Monday, August 28, 2006

Final words

I think this will be my last post for a while - madam is chomping at the bit to get back into the whole blogging thing. Rather annoyed as I have written more blogs and they all posted as blank - who stole my blogs you (insert b word here)….? Honestly for a rabbit to go to all that trouble and get no satisfaction at the end of it was quite disheartening. But I will get over it, eventually.

So what have we been up to? Last week saw me and madam frolicking in the city of London. She was working in the Natural History Museum, knee deep in space rocks and, therefore, in her element. We did get a chance to see some of the museum itself - which brought on a little period of reminiscing as it had been a good decade and a half since we last went with school (I have been with her since birth you see, I was but a young kitten back then - on a side note, why are baby bunnies kittens, or kits for short? Do we not deserve our own baby name?).

The bird hall was something that had stuck in both our memories.

It was full of stuffed birds, birds that watched you with beady eyes, birds that glared at you through glass cases. The hall went on forever, the birds surrounded you, aaagggghhhh the birds!!! Turns out it is not so scary now, not that either of us have developed a penchant for stuffed birds. Give me a dead dinosaur any day - they had animatronic ones too which were pretty darn cool, not animatronic dead ones though as that would render the animatronic point rather mute.

Taxidermy is rather funny really. I mean what kid wants to grow up to stuff dead animals, or even what adult (in their right mind anyway)? I mean thank goodness for them - how would we creep out an enitre class of children without them?

I am sure that some smart alec amongst you is now going to point out that I am in fact stuffed. I would like to tell you that stuffism is a horrible prejudice. Just because I have pillow filling where you have your cold, cold heart and cannot maintain a circulatory system does not make me less of a bunny. I think I shall go cry in a corner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you’ve been having a lot of fun. I agree entirely about the stuffed birds thing. That hall at the Natural History Museum is just frankly a touch scary (for want of a better word). Looking forward to seeing you both again soon.