Wednesday, November 29, 2006

DIY because no one else will

Yesterday I continued the revamp of the interior of my flat but don’t get any ideas of granduer, it’s not posh at all. I decided that the excuses regarding my writing situation had to stop. I have been fussing (mostly to myself) that:

* Working on the dining room table is frustrating as everything has to be packed away to eat on it
* When I have written a section that then needs editing I have no printer at home and I just find it hard to edit on screen
* Everything around me is in such disarray it is distracting

So all of these are easily solved by buying stuff. So yesterday I went out and bought a printer, a desk, and a new filing cabinet. I then spent a few hours assembling the latter two items. Voila - a nice work area. I do need a good work chair with next month’s pay before I throw my back out (more) but I am satisfied with the current situation. Managed to do quite a bit today too. HURRAH!

One issue - the new printer appears to have a pdf phobia and I am not sure how to cure it. It likes everything else but appears to deny the existence of any pdf I throw its way. Odd.

Michael arrives in three days - so many reasons to be in a good mood.

No comments: