Saturday, November 11, 2006

Uninspired for blog titles today

It is a rather cold and wet day today, the sort of day when I can only get out of bed begrudgingly and crave hot beverages and warm blankets. I was a good girl and went into my office to back up my data - well actually it was to back up my external hard drive to another external hard drive. I believe in backing up my back up. I could not face losing any data right now, I would have a break down. I am currently experiencing a love-hate relationship with my data, due in large part to my dislike of excel and its inability to keep itself from crashing on my poor old decrepid computer. It is a trial I must bear. I decamped to a coffee shop (where I can still be found) to improve the working environment a little, but a personal data slave would still come in handy. Any takers?

My advisor goes away on conference trips etc.. for the next few weeks and I really want to put my nose to the grindstone and get some of my dissertation written for him to read and pass judgement upon when he returns. Such goals require sacrifice - mine is that even my small social life must be forgotten. Luckily it is easy to lose things that are small and perhaps I will not notice the loss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pick me, pick me!

I’ll be your dog…

Rambling Rhi said...

I have yet to meet a dog who is familiar with the workings of excel, that is an essential part of the job description.