Sunday, December 24, 2006

I'm crackers!

Christmas eve - well I hope no creatures are stirring in my flat, especially any mice! The days have gone by so quickly this week, I have meant to blog several times but never actually got around to it, so here goes.

You will be relieved to know that my parents bought me a new vacuum cleaner and that the one that had recently been reborn as a smoke machine has been released from service (and I believe from this life as well). My new one is a rather obnoxious blue colour but it works without any extra effects. We also bought some decorations to bring Christmas to my flat so it looks all garish and Christmassy now, which is fabulouso. Alas I do not know what Americans put on the top of their tree but it is not an angel or a fairy because we cannot find one anywhere. We have sort of stuck a santa there but he looks rather uncomfortable, sort of like we are crucifing him really - but in times of crisis (no-angels) one must do the best one can. I did manage to drive to the other side of town (which in Knoxville is a ways away) to a shop I was convinced would sell crackers, another item lacking in an american Christmas, and there I was triumphant. Hurrah!

We toodled down to North Carolina Wednsday with the idea of getting up early Thursday and snowboarding (as a family awwwww). Alas the rain predicted was rain and then some, the whole area was under a flood warning and so no snow was seen as it would have been rather miserable. Mother Nature and I are not good friends anymore. We drove to Cherokee instead and went to the Museum of the Cherokee Indians, it was very interesting. The people I saw dancing a few months back are from there but alas there were no demonstrations.

Last night K came into town (she left Uni last year to go be with the magnificent B) and we discussed everything - including wedding plans. I am sure it will be wonderful. Got to get my bridesmaids dress in though, measured myself for it and was horrified (but I’ll get over it by means of necessity).

Phew well I think that is all I wanted to say. Happy Christmas everyone in case I do not post tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas to you as well! Glad to see you found some “crackers” (must explain to us Yanks sometime, since the first thing that comes to mind is relatively easy to find and definitely non-holiday in spirit) — I think out here a star is generally the tree topper, often lighted and garish, but that’s holiday decorations for you.

Enjoy the rest of your time with the folks, and hope for better weather in the new year.