Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Here comes the bride

I have been asked to be a bridesmaid today, HURRAH! This will make it my third time down the aisle not wearing white (or all those other things the bride gets to do) so let’s hope the old adage of ‘three times a bridesmaid never a bride’ is just that - an adage and not the truth. I am really excited for K though, plus she has good taste so I do not anticipate having to wear some ghastly pink poofy dress. All the other bridesmaids are also.. how shall I say… similarly proportioned to me too so I don’t have to worry about squeezing myself into some strapless dress with no space for various bits of me, with the result that they pop out half way through the ceremony. Phew! Was that TMI, does it need a rating to warn children away? I hope not.

I have been working rather hard of late and don’t really have a whole lot to say about my life other than I love coffee and am going through a bad patch in my relationship with my bed. We both believe I should be spending more time in it and less at work but sometimes these things just aren’t possible. We may have to go to couple’s therapy to resolve the issue as I do worry it feels lonely at home with only the odd cuddly toy to keep it company in the morning hours when I used to be there. Poor thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your bed will have to make do with the duvet…duvets are good for hugging, and I’m sure the duvet will cuddle the bed to keep it happy until you get there.
Mmm, beds are great! Sleeping in a comfy bed is even better. I hope your work calms down a bit so you can spend some quality time with yours!