Tuesday, September 5, 2006

The power of suggestion

It has been one of those days where lots of people told me I look tired, and eventually the power of suggestion overcomes me and I start to feel tired. Think it is because I have been staring at a computer screen all day, clicking the mouse when necessary and letting my brain have a rest. Don’t get me wrong, I quite like mind-numbing tasks that require little of my neurons - I find collating and photocopying quite soothing in their own way (I think I would have made a good entry-level secretary). Once the eyes start to glaze over the rest of the day is lost though, I feel slightly disconnected (although in a different way from yesterday when I accidentally inhaled too much nail varnish, that was a lesson learnt and not to be repeated).

On the very upside I leave for the UK in under two days - a trip for which I am totally unprepared. This travelling the pond thing is great, but not twice in a month. Now if you will excuse me I have to go stare at a screen for a few more hours until the time comes when I can shut my eyes and see it in my sleep instead.

No comments: