Monday, September 25, 2006

New places

This weekend I visited two new states (well new to me they aren’t new in general), namely Ohio and Indiana. I went on a Geology field trip with 8 other miscreants, one of them being the palaeontology guy in our department - so unsurprisingly we we looking for fossils.

It was a lot of fun, although on Saturday it rained, and I mean poured. Naturally, at this time we were on the top of a outcrop with no fast way back to the van and so we got drenched. Luckily none of us girls were wearing white T-shirts as that would have been a nice little sideshow otherwise. The guys, of course, were able to take their shirts off and wring them out whereas we sat in out sopping clothes. Although I must be honest and say I had a waterproof jacket on and so my top half was dry, my jeans, however, were not and weighed about 10 times more than when I had put them on that morning. Plus they are a little big and with the extra weight keeping them up was no mean feat.

We camped Saturday night and then on Sunday went to find more fossils, in the sun (HURRAH) and made a trip to the Cincinnati Natural History Museum, which was wonderful. I literally fell into bed last night as I was all tuckered out - but not before hanging bits of my tent off every door in my apartment, it needed to dry out. I walked into one forgetfully this morning and got a face full of damp, slightly smelly, muddy tent. Nice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get me a fossil “Doyouthinkhesaurus” then