Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Catch-up

Thought I would take a nice welcome break from work (at 5.30pm, when I was here before 7am!) to blog, because I quite like the whole blogging process. Anyway thought perhaps a quick description of what I was doing while I was away last was in order (just in case anyone was dying to know, I don’t want blood on my hands you see).

Well I flew on the 7th, so morning of the 8th I arrived back in the UK, feeling somewhat rough. The man next to me on the plane this time was more normal. He worked for a rock music recording company or something, but then he was flying economy so maybe he was just taking the opportunity to pretend he had his dream job, when actually he was a cleaner or something. The wonderful M drove down that evening just in time to go to the pub (clever lad) and then I fell into bed and was only woken when breakfast was brought to me (see he is wonderful!). We went to a village fete, which even by village fete standards was a bit dull and so abandoned it for a walk (the one with the abundance of daddy long legs). We got stared at by sheep a lot, I guess they normally only get grass and stuff to look at so by golly we were interesting! That evening had a big meal out with some of my friends and stayed over (allowing alcohol to be consumed by those who normally drive - i.e. not me).

Then it was to Bristol for my conference, I had a wonderful chaffeur over there (whose identity is given away by the adjective used to describe him). However, my company left and I had to fend for myself in University housing for a few days. Was rather nice to be back in a city where I could walk around - I do miss that over here. I won’t talk about the conference or you will all get bored, it happened and that’s all you need to know. Got the train back home and got ready to fly to Glasgow next day where S and I were going camping in the scottish highlands. One night in a bed and then two in a tent, fabulous. Had a ball - may expand on it later with pictures. Then I flew back down south with just enough time to pack and go to the pub before leaving next morning for the USA.

Phew…. I’m tired.

No comments: