Sunday, October 1, 2006

The problem with work

I have been working quite hard recently and you know what the problem with 13 hour days are? Once you add another 8 for sleep and a few to shower and generally relax there is NO TIME LEFT. No time for things like cooking, cleaning, and the laundry. I actually left work at 5pm today (yes on a Sunday) just so I could do stuff. I finally managed to buy some food as being faced with dry museli for the third day in a row was getting a little much and then had a baking frenzy. Waaaaahhhhhh! Yes a frenzy. My freezer and fridge are now oh so full with goodies so if all else fails and I cannot make a meal I have about 5 different snack options. Even managed to resist trying everything I made (although goodness knows why as my diet is hardly going well right now - the ‘no food in the house’ problem tends to lead to the ‘let’s eat out’ one).

However, it is not all good as I managed to pick up wax paper out of the cupboard instead of my parchment paper and… well… wax paper tends to smoke in the oven. Was more than a little concerned that I would set off my fire alarm and that it may then, in turn, set off the alarms in general for the apartment complex. I was very busy opening the door, windows, and frantically wafting a tea-towel under the alarm - while checking on the offending items cooking in the oven. Stressful but the biscuits (cookies) came out really well and no sirens were to be heard anywhere.

Now for the whole showering thing so people can actually approach me tomorrow without wishing they were downwind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm Baking. Cakes and other exciting treats. Yummy. I sympathise with you lots becasue once you take my daily commute into consideration every day for the last 11 months (excluding holidays and weekends) has been a 12 hour day. I barely have time to play gun games with M :( Let alone organise big skiing trips to cold places!