Thursday, July 27, 2006

Something for the weekend madam?

I am on the probe today (and tomorrow). It is a good survivial training tool - you have to remember plenty of caffeinated drinks to keep your mind alert despite the sensory deprivation and boredom, and warm clothes because it may be sweaty outside but it is arctic in the lab. I am thankful that my foot is regaining its more normal shape because it meant I could wear shoes today - last time I attempted sandals in here toes were nearly lost on account of the frost bite.

This week has been one of those where I have managed to achieve nothing. I have been at work for 8 hours a day yet my to do list mocks me at the end of each of them. This sadly means that I will have to spend some quality time with my data over the weekend. I have just over a week till I leave for Zurich, at which point I should have a nice presentation ready to go - I think I have so far managed to save a blank powerpoint file. That is not a good thing. PAH!!! On the plus side I will be in Zurich in just over a week and then back in Blighty so things are most definitely looking up.

Now for something completely different… went out last night and since the antibiotics kept me away from the alcohol I decided to go for a decadent dessert instead. Anyway I was reminded how much I LOVE cheesecake… and now this morning I am reminded how much it does not like me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

8:07pm? its not 8.07pm in my world or yours. get your clock sorted missy!

Anonymous said...

You are very good at this blogging thing. I’m surprised you’ve not done it before.

I had cheesecake yesterday too. It was delicious. Especially as I made it myself. Can’t wait for you to get back. I miss you. When you’re here maybe george can have a word with my Beryl. She’s causing problems again.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Liz, you are very good at this blogging malarky. Not like me. I’ll post 3 or 4 times in a week and then forget all about it for ages (look at my myspace blog for evidence).
I am also sensing that there may have been confusion as to my identity, and hence the changing links. Let me know if you don’t understand the reference to “The Richmond Mafia Don,” and I’ll put up an explanation on my blog.
Glad to hear the foot is getting better. I sympathise with the no alcohol situation. It’s truly unfair that antibiotics and alcohol don’t mix (in a good way at least)!

Anonymous said...

Clock is duly sorted - but remember rabbits don’t care much for clocks.