Saturday, July 29, 2006

Drowning in data

I am most upset - it is not my social conscience talking today (I think I appeased it yesterday) but my general self. I have to work this weekend, and I am talking full 8 hour days both Saturday and Sunday and ‘I object!’. Alas this is what comes of a week of procrastinating so I brought it all on myself. I am currently surrounded by towers of data CDs and DVDs which all need to go on an external hard drive, and I have my suspicions that the hard drive may not be quite big enough. Quite frankly I have data oozing from every orifice - there is just no way to handle it. I am not a good enough disciplinarian - my data appears to do what it wants and I feel powerless to stop it. I swear it is climbing out of the window at night and making free with other data, producing little datalets, which are only adding to the confusion.

As a result of my data issues my to do list is slightly out of control. Now I love lists.

But yesterday as I was probing I decided to compile one for my weekend - just so I could have the joy of crossing tasks off as they were completed… ahh I love that feeling. Anyway I soon realised that this was no ordinary list - it needed subcategories. I ended up with two lists - one for work and one for non-work related stuff and then these were divided into daily tasks (using lots of funky pen colours of course). Despite the joy I gleaned from the creation of these masterpieces I am not entirely thankful for their existence today - I shall be here sometime trying to finish all the tasks they contain.

I feel my posting is somewhat muddled today, my brain is a little scattered - it exploded over all the data and I have yet to reassemble it back together. Perhaps I shall have better luck tomorrow. It was nice knowing you all.

No comments: