Thursday, July 20, 2006

Probing thoughts about the weather

So this week the weather is just plain silly, yes chaps (and those who are not chaps) you heard me: SILLY! It is far too hot where I am and the humidity is at a level where I am eating my air not breathing it - and personally I am all for breathing. In fact let us take a brief interlude here and say a quick thanks for breathing, a little hurrah for respirating….

Are we done? Excellent, I shall continue. Anyhoo (as a very close friend is often heard to say) yesterday I was on the probe. It’s an electron microprobe - but let’s face it probe is easier. It analyses mineral chemistries (in case anyone cared), and me being a geology nerd, well that is what I like to do. So I was on the probe…. you all have an image of me in your head on the probe now I hope, well not literally on the probe - I tend to sit next to it on a chair, not on top of it. I learnt that for the third night my data had not been collected as, and I kid you not, the slave had died (it means there was a communication error but I like the death of a servant better). It then proceeded to kill off several more that morning (surprised we are not in a slave shortage), making even calibration an impossibility. What, you might say, does this have to do with the aforementioned silly weather my dear? Good question! Well the slave hates the humidity. So it dies, leaving me destined to never collect my data, and therefore never graduate… ever.

Why is the weather trying to keep me from graduating? Quite frankly I think it is just plain mean and plan to send it to Coventry - well since I rarely talk to the weather that is a difficult feat to attain BUT people talk about the weather so I thought maybe I would stop that. Think about it everyone talks about the weather all the time… you know what has happened? The weather has too big an ego and now thinks it can stop me from graduating. I say we boycott all weather talk so I can get out of here. Just realised my whole blog has been about the weather, thereby increasing its self importance - bother (for want of a less polite word that I don’t wish to put into cyberspace)!

In the words of someone else: "I think I’ll get me coat"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, a new template. think I preferred the old one. More warren like. George would get very lost if he had the whole universe to wander round.

Rambling Rhi said...

I am not sure about this one either - suits me better but George is a little overwhelmed. I will have to work on improving my html so I can conjure up a warren eventually.