Monday, July 31, 2006

All dressed up and.. well yes I have somewhere to go.

So it was much to my chagrin that I learned that makeup goes off. Now I have known this for some time but this wedding I am going to soon (where I will wear makeup, a skirt AND heels - an almost never seen occurence, it may make the tabloids, but no one will believe it) made me assess my own collection. Those that know me will realise I don’t wear makeup on a very regular basis. I would say never but that would be a lie - I may have worn some last Christmas, but I could not swear it. Anyway I realised that quite a few of the items lurking in my makeup bag were 8, yes read it and weep ladies, EIGHT years old. I was alarmed, more at the fact it was 8 years since I was in high school as opposed to that some of my makeup was that old. I was very good and threw it all away - I would like to claim sentimental attachment to some items, 8 years is a big chunk of my life to share with anything (even stuff I never use).

Buying new makeup was stressful - too much choice, and decisions just are not my thing. The nice over-perfumed lady at the counter thought I was quite potty. She seemed to be bosom buddies with Revlon, Maybelline and Almay though - and they were quite some bosoms so I bet they were quite some buddies. She gave me lots of advice and I would have needed a private jet to fly my supplies to England had I bought everything she suggested. Minimalist was not her thing. But I bought a few items, now on to the next challenge - how do I wear this stuff without it looking like I let a small child armed with crayons loose on my face?

No comments: