Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tales from the DMV

I finally took the plunge and went to the DMV for my Texas license today. I had been once before but the reception lady sent me away saying I needed more paperwork that was not listed on their requirements online - today they told me I did not need that paperwork. Sigh. Anyway...

The Texas DMV has a system where once your paperwork is checked you van then take a number and wait for it to be called. Once it has been called then and ONLY then you can join the very long line. A lady in front of me waited the two hours for her number to be called, waited another thirty minutes in the line and then I hear her say, in broken english "I'm here for my cosmetology license." There were several guilty of sniggering at that point (me included). I did feel sorry for the poor woman. She did have all the documentation for the driver's license she didn't want... because the lady at reception had sent her back home once for all of it.. shame she did not establish what license the lady wanted.

As I left the nice lady who helped me said "You're a Texan now, have a blessed day." She was lovely, shame about where she works.

1 comment:

Rene said...

Please don't become a Texan! The only thing bigger in Texas is their egos...