Thursday, April 12, 2007

DC

Well I said I would blog about my DC trip and since I am putting off bedtime (such a rebel) figured I may as well write it now. Thought I would just go with a few highlights and some pictures, otherwise this entry could go on forever.

The highlights:

* I actually got to see some of the sights. I have been to Washington DC on numerous occasions but never on a touristy trip. Workaholic? That’s a joke. I still did not get to see everything obviously, lots to keep me entertained on the next visit. The Capitol:


* My parents got to ‘backstage’ at the Smithsonian, which they loved. Thanks to the guys at NMNH for that. They got to hold all sorts of extra-terrestrial material. I still get a kick out of it myself.
* This next picture is from one of the exhibits (it’s for the wonderful M - tee hee)



* I got this fab new tea from this nice little restaurant near to our hotel. Camomile and lavendar - mmmm. It’s loose tea too, which is an even bigger bonus.
* The zoo was pretty cool, all the animals were fairly cooperative (although I witnessed rather too many bowel movements). The spectacled bear:


Well that may have to do for now. George needs the computer to update his blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am indeed a primate.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun :o )