Saturday, April 28, 2007

Back in touch

I have been meaning to write a lengthy blog for ages but have been a good girl and concentrated on my work. Well I am giving myself the day off as it is the weekend, so I can now commence the bloggage. So what has been going on in my life? I am addicted to facebook, totally and utterly. This is actually a great thing as a few weeks ago I got back in touch with someone who I haven’t spoken to (or written, emailed etc..) for quite some time. It made me all reminiscent. It is so odd how you can look back at your life and pinpoint a few occasions that influence how the rest of it progresses. Obviously I am not ready to pop my clogs just yet so I plan to have quite a few more of those, but there have already been a few of these that I can look back upon fondly. One was Space School, it was the ultimate in nerd experience I suppose, reinforced by the fact that I was one of the cooler people there (at least I really hope I was). However, it was a five day period that had a huge impact on my life. I made friends that I hope I never lose touch with completely and realised that this really was something that I wanted to do with my life.

I have so many good memories - sitting in the back of the bus singing ‘In the jungle’ with my newly made friends (much to the chagrin of half the bus I am sure), , dealing with the awkwardness of teenage relationships, all the meet-ups we had afterwards, not to mention the notes we passed during the lectures (all of which I still have - anything vaguely letter-like in form is precious to me).

This guy I have got back in touch with reminds me of a time in my life I love to be reminded of. HURRAH for facebook (and myspace).

No comments: