Monday, November 23, 2009

Good day

Sunday was a good day. My tooth was feeling much much better.

I feel that if someone followed me around all day Sunday they would have got a very good view of where I want my life to go... but not necessarily where it is now. I have a few goals I am working towards and they were reflected in my travels yesterday.

Stop 1: Fort Worth Running Company. The twins need a little support and this was the place recommended to me as the more generic stores never have anything in my size. I am trying to get myself into a little better shape as my fitness level is BAD. I had my 'body age' measured and it was very very much older than my actual so I need to work on that. I don't want to be a fitness crazed person but I want to not feel limited by my fitness level. It would be nice to feel energized more often than exhausted.

Stop 2: Sunflower Shoppe. This is the place to go for gluten free goodies. I really am trying to get a handle on my diet. Too often I go for absolute rubbish, which makes me feel awful. A part of having better food is being better prepared - the no gluten thing makes it difficult and if I don't have options in the house I opt for a fast food solution like french fries.

Stop 3: Bliss Bridal Salon. I went veil shopping!! I was sort of depressed at having to do this by myself initially. I do not have any female friends here yet. However, the lady who owns this salon is just plain wonderful and made me feel like she was a good friend - sign of a good owner there. I got to wear my dress for a while and try on lots of veils. Just like the dress I did not get what I thought I would but I love my purchase. No descriptions though as John reads this occasionally. Clearly getting married is not so much of a goal thing - but it is something I am looking forward to very much. Cannot wait to be John's wife.

Stop 4: Home. I cooked two lots of soup and a main meal yesterday to get prepared for the week ahead so I can make more sensible choices. I continued sewing my bouquet flowers (I am on the home stretch now). I did some laundry. I felt like stuff got done.

Aims for the week ahead:
  1. pack up the house and start moving some boxes over to the new place
  2. get the alarm system in the new house up and running - this requires me to turn ont he electricity
  3. GET SOME WORK DONE
  4. Clean the floors in our current place (it is a disaster)
  5. do not eat out all week
  6. drink my 6-8 glasses of water a day (this contributed to my OLD OLD body age)

No comments: