Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bad Day

Urgh Saturday was a bad bad day.

I went to bed delightfully early on Friday night feeling just fine and dandy - my gum was aching a teeny tiny bit around my troublesome wisdom tooth, but nothing to worry about. 2 am rolls around and I feel like someone has driven a steak in my ear, down into my neck and I look like a hamster storing food in one cheek. WTH wisdom tooth???? Cue infection three for the last 7 months in my gum thanks to this troublesome tooth. I was in so much pain I was being sick, almost tempted to go to the ER/A&E. Why do teeth hurt so much? I try to cut my finger off and even the Dr. marveled at my pain tolerance but a swollen gum and I am a quivering wreck. I put an ice pack on my pillow and some pain pills in my mouth and tried to sleep till morning. 10 am and I am waiting in line at Urgent Care (no dentist here in Fort Worth yet). Thankfully the nice Dr. sorted me out - had to have some injections of steroids and antibiotics to kick in fast (I was a swollen wreck, not a pretty sight at all). Plus I have a nice week course of meds to kick the infection to the curb. Even got some nice antibiotics as the Dr. listened to me saying that antibiotics normally left me feeling really sick and gave me more belly friendly ones.

On the way back from the Urgent Care I decide to swing by the new house for the first time since purchase. We were told the key was left in a lock box on the property. No key. No key anywhere. They gave it to the title company (contrary to what they told us) and that meant no access to the house till Monday. I was annoyed on principle - be nice to get in the house that WE OWN!!!!! My realtor arranged for an emergency locksmith (we had planned to change the locks anyway). Turns out our new house is hard to break in to as I was there for THREE HOURS. Nearly two of them spent trying to pick a lock. In the cold (relative term in Texas but I could have done with a warmer jumper). With a swollen face. Unable to take pain meds so I could drive back to the rental house.

Oooooh bad mood.

Then I am feeling uber grumpy and uber sore and I am STARVING because I have not eaten all day and I cannot be bothered to cook - I want to lie on the sofa and have food brought to me. There are no delivery places near us that are not wheat-based delivery places. Pizza? Absolutely!! But I would rather not add gastrointestinal distress to my list of moans for the day.

Bedtime was achieved early in hope of a better day Sunday.....

No comments: