Sunday, November 16, 2008

Depodging tool of choice



This is my nice little exercise machine (of sorts). I would love to say it is new but I have had it a few months now but thanks to the broken foot it has sat gathering dust. It actually arrived the day I was put into my cast, talk about timing! Anyway I have started to use it this weekend and it is hitting home just how out of shape I am... which is VERY, in case you were wondering. For those of you who are looking at the picture and wondering what the heck it is, it is a baby elliptical thing. I wanted an elliptical machine but realised in my flat I could really have a sofa or a full-size elliptical - see previous post for my love of the sofa. This fits in perfectly. It sits next to the sofa and taunts me as I sit in comfort on my ever expanding rear end - eventually to shut it up I get on it for a bit. The upside to this is that it is getting bloody cold in my flat and this is a good way to warm up - alas the wearing 5 jumpers approach just makes it hard to maneuver myself around (mitchelin man style - do they have the mitchelin man in America? Hmmmmm).

3 comments:

cari c said...

We have them!

Unknown said...

Absolutely have Michelin Men - and the analogy works well.

You'll have to share with the pudgy among us how well your tool works. My exercise ball is taking up my papasan chair, laughing as I sit here.... I hate situps.

Rene said...

One of my favorite quotes lately:

I don't do ups...you know, push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups. Ups defy gravity. Gravity is a law. I obey the law!

~John Pinette

You know the gym isn't the same without you. The people next to me now (that I don't really know) get very nervous when I ask what the latest gossip is. Sheesh....