Monday, October 5, 2009

Scolded

I received an email today pointing out my recent blogging inadequacies and thoroughly scolding me for them. I apologise. I do feel like I have been busy but I have not been busy enough to justify not sitting down for five or ten minutes every few days to write a little. Blogging is one of those things that is so easy to put off till tomorrow.

So what have I been up to?

Well obviously we moved to Texas. John and I are now residents of Fort Worth. John is only here two weeks a month though, the rest of the time he is still in DC so he can keep his current job. We are hoping he'll find something here soon as, quite selfishly, I want him here as I miss him when he's gone. I am now in the throes of my job at TCU and I love it. It is all a bit overwhelming and deserving of a blog entry of its own really so I won't go on about it here.

The last two months have also seen me attend three weddings in the UK (well one was a vow renewal but it counts as it was the wedding they never had). I felt so fortunate to get to all of them and had a wonderful time at every one. It is so interesting to see the personal spin every bride (and groom) puts on their big day. I actually only just returned from wedding number 3 last night. I went to the UK for the weekend - not something I would recommend but totally worth it to see the people involved become husband and wife.

Right well I will probably expand on all the points above in future blogs... well I intend to but let's see if it happens, no promises. For now I need to go and teach.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yeah, she's back! I am glad that you're writing again... :)