Sunday, July 19, 2009

Countdown to Texas

This weekend I have actually commenced the packing up of all my belongings. Cannot believe it has been a year since I moved here, time has flown by.. but in some ways I feel like I have lived here for much longer than that. My landlords invited me for dinner last night and their kids made me feel very guilty for leaving. Nothing like a 6 year old pouting and getting upset for laying on a guilt trip!

I guess my biggest news of late is my new eating habits. I decided enough was enough with my digestive and stomach issues and I tried the elimination diet. The way it is supposed to work is that you cut a ton of food groups out of your diet for a while and then reintroduce them one by one to see if any of them cause your symptoms. I got a few big red flags:
  1. Dairy - well I knew this one, but I guess it is good to have it confirmed.
  2. Wheat (gluten)- this is the big killer, wheat is in so many yummy yummy things that I love to eat (pasta, bread, cakes, crackers, soy sauce.. it is in freaking everything). However, wheat also seems to be the worst thing for me, every time I eat it I suffer.
So I am now a dairy and gluten free eater. I feel fabulous. On first glance it seems like a really difficult thing to do but the payoff is so great that it has been easier than I thought it would be... so far anyway. Have to see if I can keep it up.

Hmmm what else:
  • I was supposed to be in France last week and then in the UK for my friend's hen party yesterday. Alas I went nowhere because of the issues related with having to get a new visa. I am really sad I couldn't go but the extra time here is much needed.
  • John and I have been together for a year now. That seems incredible. I get all soppy thinking about it, which isn't like me so I'll shut up now. I am so excited to move to Texas with him.
  • My motivation at work is severely lacking. Urgh.
  • I am going to go make my lunch now. Roasted tomatoes with toasted pine nuts and basil in RICE pasta. Yay for rice pasta.

No comments: