Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bother!

So Thursday morning I was cruising, the whole snowboarding thing was starting to click. It was a bluebird day, cold but beautiful skies and all were so happy to be here. Two other friends had arrived Wednesday so all 6 of us met for lunch up on Whistler. Decided to do one more run after lunch and head home to do some work. Long story short: I fell, arm broke. Not a simple break so had to get it fiddled with to get it back to right place and then Dr made a bit of a boo boo and I got lidocaine toxicity. Now I live for my next dose of pain pills and am incapable of doing anything for myself (it was, of course, the right arm).

AAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of electronic sympathy to go with the real-life version.

Anonymous said...

I had my suspicions that snowboarding may not be the best past time for you. Sorry to hear about the arm though.

Lidocaine toxicity… Ooh how very exciting. I trust it was a little one and not the kind that makes you fit and die. A few extra pounds would have been in your advantage in life saving from toxicity.

Get well soon chick!

Which arm is broked?

Anonymous said...

Ooh I seee now. Right arm. Bugger.

I’m sure you can sort yourself out with bog paper with the left surely. But most other things would be very tricky.

Anonymous said...

Double Argh!!! (We americans have to stick an “r” in there to sound the same. hee hee.) I am SO sorry to hear that you now have a bum arm - and after you did all those workouts to prepare your legs for snow boarding! Well, at least it’s not summer there, so having a cast on won’t be even more uncomfortable. Save me a spot to sign it at LPSC! (Do Brits do the cast-signing thing?) - KRS

Anonymous said...

type with your left hand girl so we know you’re ok.

e
xxx