Friday, April 17, 2009

Life changes

So my last post was all about my big news. Apparently I caught the lucky virus for a while as under a week after John and I got engaged I was offered the job I interviewed for in Texas. This is my dream job. I cannot quite believe it. Of course I have accepted, although there are many visa hoops to jump through before anything is completely settled. I am so optimistic though. Some of you are probably wondering what this job is, so I guess I should tell you.

It is an Assistant Professor position in Meteoritics and Planetary Science at Texas Christian University. They have an amazing meteorite collection there which I would be responsible for curating on top of research and teaching responsibilities. I would be able to have my own students too. It is so exciting. Looks like John and I will be moving to Fort Worth, Texas.

No comments: